I have a 01 Tahoe and it seems there is a leak coming from the passenger side where the axle in the differential meet. There is a gap between them and I can move the Axel In N Out about a half inch. The driver side there is no gap. I brought it in and they told me everything looks good. Before this I had to hit it with a hammer to pop it back in to stop leaking. Is this something to worry about . I have pics if needed. Thanks

bschmitt56
0

Asked by bschmitt56 Nov 26, 2012 at 07:47 PM about the 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe LT

12,895

I'm not certain about your truck but on a front wheel drive vehicle the axles are the same and its normal for these style axles to have a little play back and forth. If the drivers side isn't moving and the passengers is falling out I would suspect the differential shifted somehow. It could also be the seal on the diff that has gone bad. Post those pics and let's go from there.