While driving my automatic 04 Accord randomly loses all power and doesn't respond when I press the gas

Darlalynn
0

Asked by Darlalynn Feb 20, 2013 at 08:13 PM about the 2004 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe

Okay so randomly my 04 accord will completely lose all power. All my dashboard lights come on , power
steering locks up and I cannot accelerate. If I turn the car off and back on it's perfectly fine. I in the past 4
months put a battery in, I was having a hard time finding my specific battery but found one where the
terminals were on the opposite side of what it needed. I was able to flip it and rig it to work but now I am
wondering if this is the cause?

The car has  140k on it and no maintenance light comes up. Any suggestions?

-Darla

82,725

Check your battery cables, one or both might be loose, corroded and or shorting causing your issue. Also check the ground wire in particular and see if the connection is solid to the car.

Kirk McCurdy
395

It's not very common on that year of accord but ignition switch could be faulty(the electrical portion). Try playing with the key to see if will keep running if you hold the key in a slightly different position that it would go to normally when you release the key after starting it.

2,045

I agree with Tom it could be the battery cables. it also could be your battery. Had it happen to me once while i was driving my 07 accord. replaced the battery with a new one and hasnt happened since

Ashok_Khandelwal
0

Did you find the root cause?