speedometer

johnnypiot73
0

Asked by johnnypiot73 Nov 30, 2010 at 08:59 AM about the 2005 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD

i need to replace my broken speedo/cluster.  does anyone have one for sale that will fit?  and do you know if i can adjust the mileage to match my truck somehow or will the computer automatically adjust it for me?  i have low mileage and all the speedo's out there have 100k plus!!  my truck only had 64k.  the dealer charges like $600 for a new one without install!!  anyone know my options???

Jeff Leeper

secondlapautoparts.com

papa

changing the cluster is not a bad job,but first off you will need one that is the same modle as yours & same year,their is a series of numbers on back that have to be matched to yours,if you put a different one in it,it will not crank,as for milage no way to change it.I am guessing it has the digital readout on the odometer & it is not lighting up,it may be that your keyswitch is the problem,take it to your local locksmith & have them check it,you may just need a new switch

Dave Eckenrode
25

your 05 navi will need to have its instrument cluster reprogramed when replaced, ford has a scan tool for just that task, bring it to the dealership, they have what it takes.

SUVFAN
0

Johnnypiot73: I was just checking eBay last week for some car accessories....i think i saw a speedometer which was on sale just check it if its there or not.....OR Go for Amazon.com..