how do you calculate the mileage from the zip code of the area the person who is looking for a car to the dealership? everyone of the miles giving a way off. for instance i liked a car in oakdale ny and from my zip code of 06010 you have the dealer within 63 miles. when in fact its about 140 miles. how does that happen? i don't understand how it can be so off

farckle
0

Asked by farckle Feb 05, 2013 at 12:22 PM about the 2003 Toyota Camry SE V6

i put in my zip code in my search and put a distance of within 100 of the zip code. i get back a listing and i look at the cars and in each one you have the miles to the dealer. for instance i am interested in a car in oakdale ny and your web site says its only 63 miles from my Zip code when in fact its 140 miles from my zip code. most of the other miles to different dealers are way off too. how is that possible that you can have such a difference?

judge_roy

I've found Yahoo motors to be ideal, lets you set the distance, price, mileage and seller -they are not all dealerships- got my mini this way. 33000 miles and NINE owners according to CARFAX...still you cannot tell from new. Smells NEW!

judge_roy

As the crow flies, not hitchhiking distance.

farckle
0

that;s what we figured. maybe the people at car guru thinks everyone can fly to the different dealers.

judge_roy

they probably have helicopters, autogyros or zeppelins~

7jimmy7
12,535

hey bob, they they have heck of a good site though, dont they?,you can navigate nice and no adds ,one site I asked a question and the responder says if this helps you, pls. donate a 5 spot I may have if it was a formulation or something i needed ,but not for a common question dont you think? how about it 10 speed,and david

judge_roy

you mean Gurus? 5 spot? what year is it? this info don't pay nuttin' it's out of kindness for humanity-

7jimmy7
12,535

no not gurus one i stumbled on the other day,

farckle
0

mark i love your sense of humor. do you live in ct?

judge_roy

mark helpful, ya, I think I know him.