steering wheel controls

wealth
45

Asked by wealth Dec 08, 2007 at 02:19 AM about the 2007 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG

My dealer tells me that my steering wheel audio controls were not meant to work.  I find it hard to believe considering the price tag and my 03 had no problems.  The volume controld are on the steering  wheel but do not work.  I am very frustrated and would like a solid answer.  Please help.  yours in Health,  Dr. David Warkentin

warkentin@doctor.com  480-221-7395

thank you

24,965

Try contacting another dealership. Some don't want to fix problems under warranty as it pays less than regular service work. To be totally honest, if the steering wheel controls were not meant to work, that's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Steering wheel volume controls were put there FOR safety, so you don't have to look away or move your hands from the wheel to increase/decrease volume. To make it so that they don't work while driving would defeat the whole purpose. I'd definitely be calling another dealer or the Mercedes Customer Satisfaction line on this one.

Best Answer
18TandSVT
3,595

I agree. That was the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I would call Mercedes and tell them what the dealer told you. Why would the things be there if they weren't functional?

wealth
45

Thank you for the advice.. I am going to pick the truck up in the morning and am armed with 5 articles stating that it was a standard feature on the 07 g55 to have audio control on the steering wheel. I am interested at what their response will be. Regardless, I will be switching dealerships.