When I turn the key, I get power to lights, radio, and air but the car will not start. No other sounds present to indicate, fuel pump has engaged. No clicking indicating a problem with starter or alternator.

kkey
80

Asked by kkey Jan 21, 2013 at 12:29 PM about the 1996 Acura TL 3.2

topgun2
50

try tapping the starter as sone turns the key may be dead spot ond the com or pre engement solinoid make sure its in nutral phil

kkey
80

ok I will try that! I saw some of the other posts here, that mention the horn/stop fuse. Could that also be causing my problem?

62,875

No clicking means that the starter motor solenoid is not seeing voltage when the key is turned. It could be a bad ignition switch or transmission safety switch. Check the fuses.

Best Answer
topgun2
50

is it auto or manual if auto hold key to start foot brake on and move gear selector about a bit in nuetral and then try again in park as suggest could be inhibitor switch fault if your on your own see if can fond the push in feed to starter solinoid conect test light to it and then try key again if light cames on starteror bad earth if not then wiring . you might be able to put a feed to solinoid but remember if it starts then nake sure in nuetral andnot standing in front of car then if starts you can get it to a garage brst of luck phil

topgun2
50

if manual do the same

kkey
80

Change a fuse and it worked. Thank you guys, very much!! kk

You think this is helpful.
62,875

Glad you found the problem. Now the big question is why did the fuse blow?

shahin27
115

hey KKEY. i have the same problem. which fuse did u change?

You think this is helpful.
darkoM
210

yess. Which fuse did you change?

You think this is helpful.
darkoM
210

Yes, which fuse did you change? I got same problem.

darkoM
210

where's located the transmission safety switch?

Wesley Adkins
30

hello everyone. I had a problem similar to yours and after replacing starter/solenoid, ignition, starter relay and cables, I was so frustrated that I finally decided to tow it to the dealership. For some reason before i did I decided to check the ground cable also. The one from the battery to the block seemed ok and when I grabbed the short one from the block to the frame it was just hanging there loose. That's why it was an intermittent problem. Now all my door locks and alarm systems work great and it starts every time. So check the little stuff first. It pays to be patient