CAR DIES OUT

cuznaka
0

Asked by cuznaka Aug 05, 2010 at 10:11 PM about the 2006 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited

CAR DIES OUT WITH NO NOTICE , CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON THEN A LITTLE WHILE AFTER IT STARTS AGAIN , THEN ITS FINE FOR COUPLE DAYS THEN DIES OUT AGAIN . IT DID THIS ABOUT 5 TIMES IN THE PAST FEW MONTHS . PLEASE HELP THE DEALER DOESNT KNOW WHATS WRONG , WHEN THEY CONNECT THE SCAN TOOL IT SHOWS NO PROBLEMS

Jon Romero
2,195

Have them check the PCM connectors in depth. We have had similar issues at my dealership with two other crossfires.

livefreeordie
30

I'm experiencing the same thing Johnathan Can you elaborate more on what the fix is for this condition. I was told by my dealer that corrosion on the PCM contacts was my issue but those parts are Expensive as hell and don't want to dish out the cash if there is an easier fix other than replacement and reprograming

Jon Romero
2,195

Replace the relay box underneath the PCM. Its contains a printed circuit board and approx 6 relays in it. After numerous hours testing the ones we had issues with, we found this 'module' to be internally faulted. It costs about $300 and should do the trick. Hope this helps.

Dallas
150

My Check Engine light came on, took 10 minutes to start again. No problems for 2 more days and then died again. Took 1 hour to get it to a local Dallas repair shop near Bachman Lake. I didn't want to wait for a tow truck so kept trying until it started again. The repair shop had 3 cars with Mercedes Engines in the past 2 weeks. Same problem. They fixed a sensor on the crankshaft, part description on the paperwork says reference sensor. Working fine so far.

Mark Veturis
10

The crankshaft position/angle sensor is bad.

Motormouth
60

Would you guys say that in general the crossfire is a reliable car? I'm looking to get one. Wondering what year would be the best.

Dallas
150

Hi, I would not recommend a Crossfire. We have a 2005 and the strangest items needed to be replaced. 1) window came loose from the canvas, finally replaced at No Charge 2) Steering Lock replaced 3) rear bushing bracket 4) crankshaft sensor: entire car died while driving thank goodness on side road.

thatman418
35

I'm sorry if this is late but get you crankshaft position sensor and your camshaft position sensor checked. The car probably cut off because it was hot and when either one of these are going bad it causes the car to shut off, once it cools down it will start again but will keep shutting off once it is hot. thats your best bet start with these two sensor they might be the only thing you need.

youtube
20

hairline cracks on the solder joints of the relay control module board. re- solder them and you are good to go.

dianehake
30

I have the same problem with my car. It's also a 2005 Crossfire, stalls at redlights with no notice, dies while driving on the freeway at 75 mph. I have to stay in the slow lane so I can get off the road. Had a diagnostic run and it said it was Code P0410. Secondary injection fuel system malfunction. Chrysler service said my symptoms aren't consistent with that code and it sounded more like a fuel pump. I already had to have the ignition rebuilt - I don't want to spend more money fixing it - I think it's time to trade it in. I've had it for two years and loved it up until the past six months. Since then it has been a headache and very unsafe.