Car Alarrm goes off without apparent reason.

donrosni
40

Asked by donrosni Aug 16, 2012 at 06:10 PM about the 2007 Ford Escape XLT

For the last 3 weeks now, the car alarm on my 2007 Escape has been going off without any apparent reason. . AND .. ONLY in the morning in between the hours of 0900-100.  ?!?!  No other time of day.

Richard Hyzy
295

It sounds to me like there might be a car or truck exhaust that rumbles just enough to set off the vibration sensor on your alarm

Shaina Guenigsman
45

Otherwise somebody might be playing with your SUV OR your alarm is a tad to sensitive.

donrosni
40

It appears to go off only Wed-Thurs-Fri-Sat mornings. No vehicle nearby to set it off or any other visible interferring / triggering stimuli. This is a factory installed, not an after market. I reset the computer by disconnecting and reconnecting the positive cable from the battery this weekend. I will wait and see if this solves the problem.

mpisfc
355

My car alarm had the exact problem; clean or replace the hood ajar sensor located right next to the windshield washer resevoir. I little rubber nub. I never even knew mine was there. I cleaned it and so far so good. You could also just purchase a new one, easy to replace with a 10mm socket. I've replaced a door latch, hatch latch and rear hatch sensor and after almost $800 paid the repair shop, it appears I fixed it myself.

mpisfc
355

here's where the part is available: http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-SW5620-Door-Jamb-Relay/dp/B000C5BY9Y

Peter_D
35

I Will call service shop immediately and ask them to check/replace the hood ajar sensor. This is the second time in the shop for the problem. Very annoying to have the alarm go off in the night!

gfulmore
40

I was getting a "right rear door ajar" message, even when the door was not ajar. The sensor in the door latch needed to be replaced. Same thing was happening for the left read door. Also had that latch replaced. Total cost: $750. The alarm does not go off any more. We saw no pattern to the problem. Money seems to have fixed it. This is the first major expense we have had on the car that has about 120K miles. We drove it once through Mexico, all around Central American, then back: 14,000 miles in five months. No problems.

heather3103
140

I have a 2005 Escape that has been doing the same thing around the same times each day. Thought it was the sprinklers at first, but now it happens 3-4 times a day. Did you ever figure out the problem?

Highlander58
75

What turned out to be the problem with this? I have a 2007 Escape doing the same thing.

Keith Chapman
20

2005 Escape lift gate ajar sensor causing same problem. Does anyone know where it is located?

Cindy Alston
10

I'm having the same problem with my 2005 Escape. I did have the test run at the dealership (thanks to my son) and found out that it's the sensor in the passenger rear door...the one least used. Something else that I've noticed is the problem seems to be more frequent when it's warm outside (above freezing)...the colder, the less annoying for me. Has anyone else noticed this? Sometimes it goes off while I'm moving, other times it goes off when I stop for a light. Until I can get the latch replaced, I carry a ratchet so I can disconnect the battery when it decides to be stubborn. When I ordered the latch, the person said that there have been 4 revisions but it still hasn't really helped.

Highlander58
75

Cindy, We are totally experiencing the same thing! I am a tech, so I have troubleshooting mine and have also determined it to be the rear passenger side door. The sensor is part of the latch and this door, even though I can hear it engaged will not unlock at times like the rest of them. It is also totally temperature related as the temperature rises through any part of the day or drops at night, it will go off! Hit the unlock a couple of times and lock on the remote will get rid of it, but it will beep a couple of times on the lock button, like a door isn't closed. Slam the door closed a couple times will correct it. I acquired a quote from the dealer on the assembly that we need, but it was way too much. Thank you for the information on the revisions that hasn't helped! You can get these OEM parts much cheaper online, then at the dealer and I have just been living with it until I've had the time to research it more. I will be doing so here soon because as it is getting warmer, it will be acting up more and more as it has done on some of the warm days we've had already. I am contacting Ford about this today!

Highlander58
75

Excuse me, slamming it closed will work, but also just a forceful push on the door will fix it too!