how can I adjust the amp so that it allows me to play the radio louder. Everytime i turn my music it up automatically goes back down to a certain level. What do i do to fix this problem. I have 2007 chrysler aspen with the hemi 5.7L V8 engine and alpine premium sound system in it although it don't sound to premium to me

gmanwantsit
0

Asked by gmanwantsit Aug 25, 2014 at 12:57 AM about the 2007 Chrysler Aspen 4 Dr Limited AWD J Package

BoholMark
21,335

It's a fail safe in the radio so you don't blow the speakers up.

gmanwantsit
0

ok, so how can i get around it, i don't care about blowing the speakers up. It's never really that loud anyway.

BoholMark
21,335

Best bet is to go to a audio shop and have them by pass the govener.

gmanwantsit
0

thanks mark but i can't find no one willing to do it or they have no clue, that limiter in the amplifier is a big problem for me. I don't want a whole new system, but i want to replace whatever i need to get around the limiter, if it means buying a new amp with the supporting adapter needed to maintain the full functionality of the radio controls and vehicle controls then thats fine, but i can't find someone who can do it. Is it possible you can send me some instructions on what i need to do. I have a 2007 chrysler aspen with the navigation and dvd built in the truck.

114,305

Do you have the NAV version? There is a feature called Automatic Volume control. As interior noise gets louder, so does the volume.

gmanwantsit
0

i do have nav control, but i dont have that automatic volume control you are talking about. the factory installed amplifier has a built in sound limiter on it.