air outlets messed up

Derek Alt
15

Asked by Derek Dec 12, 2012 at 10:19 PM about the 2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ

when i change the air to the vents it comes out of the floor and when i put it to the floor it comes out of the vents and defrost
and all the other ones are all messed up and i don't know what could be causing it to do this

45,715

The blends doors are moved by vacuum motors. Has anyone moved the vacuum hoses around on the HVAC switch?

Derek Alt
15

no i just started my car and had the air already going on the floor and it started coming out of the vents in my dash

68,345

yes, one of your vacuum lines is probably cracked or detached.

Derek Alt
15

well when i started my car this morning it was all fine again but each time it happened i started my car with the remote starter so i dont know if that would have something to do with it

12,875

They haven't been activated by vacuum since late 90s. Its all electronic motors now. If it only messes up with the remote start then it's somewhere in the programing and will have to be serviced by a mechanic at a local GM dealer.

12,875

You can see the motor with the plug going to it.

45,715

The 99-05 Pontiac Grand Am uses vacuum motors for the air doors. It uses a stepper motor for the temperature control. The 07 Impala could be different. There is a round vacuum motor in the center of the attachment you posted. You can see the two nipples for the vacuum tubes. -- Here's a shot from my Pontiac Grand Am shop manual. The Chevy could be different. [IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/tenspeed/wiring/service%20manu al/HVAC010.jpg[/IMG]

12,875

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/ Discussion-t30110_ds535108 .... I read the symptoms in the link, my phone slipped in my hand and switched pages so what I put was for the buick symptoms on the 07 impala. You are correct the temp is an actuator and I thought that the problem was the temp. Your link took me to a beta404 page on photo bucket, might be my phone trying to force the mobile webpage. So what im saying is I was wrong. As for the question at hand I would suggest that after starting the car with the remote, get in it turn the key on then shut off the engine then restart it.

Derek Alt
15

the problem isnt with the temp its with with knob that directs where the air comes out. and when it happened the first time i did restart it at a stop light and it didnt change anything, the only time it fixed itself was when i used my remote starter the next morning