buying a 2004 vette from canada

robert0516
0

Asked by robert0516 Jul 13, 2012 at 01:22 AM about the 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

I have been told my only problem could be re sale as most dealers will not take a car from canada because of the speedometer  does anyone know the cost to have one changed by a dealer..

MrEvolution
185

Just buy one off eBay and install it. Your milage will not match, but if you think you will sell the car in the future, than just drive the thing and forget about the speedometer. as long its not been tampered your good or sell it back to a canadian lol

Jack Head
175

I believe the instrument cluster can be switched in the menu settings from kph to mph. There are actually a few people that prefer the cluster from Canadian C5 Z06 because the speedo says 300 mph. Or you can go the route MrEvolution suggests and pick one up off ebay or you can check Craigslist. If you do purchaseswap you will need to either have the new one programmed to your actual mileage or simply swap the odometer circuit boards between the two clusters. It's actually a pretty easy process that only requires a torx bit driver and a small screw driver.