what is a good replacement catalytic converter for a 1996 acura integra special edition? I am looking to keep it at a lower price, nothing over 160.

96acuraa
0

Asked by 96acuraa Dec 18, 2012 at 10:34 AM about the 1996 Acura Integra 2 Dr Special Edition Hatchback

I am not able to pass my emissions test and they are sayingit has something to do with the catalytic converter. I am not looking to spend alot of money on the part as I know the labour will cost me aswell. I wouldlike to stay under $160 for the part. How difficult is it to install this piece and roughly how long does it take? And is this something you can do yourself?

Stephen Moran
535

Email DotComParts at: Sales@dotcomparts.com Tell them you saw this ebay listing linked below for Magnaflow #22629, and you are looking for the lowest offered price, as mentioned on ebay. They will send you a response with a price that will be in your range. This catalytic converter is a direct fit for your car, will pass emissions, and can be installed by yourself. I've used DotComParts on a number of occasions, and they always come through with the best price. Please note that this item is not California state legal, and the one that is costs about $450. If you need that one, you will have to find it elsewhere. Best of luck to you. Here is the link to the ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnaflow-22629-Direct-Fit-Bolt-On- Catalytic-Converter-49-State-OBDII-/300755574549? pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item46066ddf1 5&vxp=mtr

Robert Mitchell
695

honestly seems like most muffler shops should be able to do this for about $120, stock cats are the best despite what high flow cats may advertise, especially if you're just trying to pass smog.