I have a 2007 Chevy Equinox about 104K mi. A couple weeks ago the check engine light came on and now it intermittently keeps stating Service Stabilitrak and Service Traction Control. Pull the codes and comes up with P0404, P0405, and P0171. I've seen some reports of the same thing and they said they replaced the EGR valve and it worked great. I replaced my EGR valve and the lights all went off for about a day. Another post I read said their may be a loose vacuum line. I can't find any. Does anyone have any advice?? I don't want to just replace parts at random. Thanks.

got_carquestions
20

Asked by got_carquestions Mar 08, 2013 at 06:35 PM about the 2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS

mrmoony
1,990

It could be that the passage that the egr valve is in, is plugged with carbon.

got_carquestions
20

I looked at the passage valve too. Looks like the EGR is working good. Now the only code that comes up is p0171, fuel too lean. Saw a lot of posts about cleaning mass air flow sensor or having a loose vacuum line. Checked all that and cleaned mass air flow. Even added some fuel system cleaner. Light was off for a bit, but the engine light came back on. Also, the service stabiltrak indicator came back on too.

David Scott
335

On our 07 equinox we occasionally get the P0171 and it has always been the fresh air pcv tube that runs from the air cleaner to the valve cover on the firewall side of the engine. When my wife was taking it to get oil changes they would man handle the air filter box and snap the tube off the valve cover. Sometimes it has been able to just be put back in other times it has needed replaced. I found it on Gmpartsdirect.com and the part number is 12602539. by that tube being off the engine will pull fresh air through it that is not metered by the mass air sensor and then on the radiator side of the engine there is the return air tube that connects to the intake manifold there fore bringing in air that is not metered by the mass air flow sensor.

got_carquestions
20

Thanks, but that tube is tight on both ends and no signs of holes or cracks. Still stumped....

mrmoony
1,990

Is something low on oil and exposing a sensor