normal engine operating temperature

albertdavis3
0

Asked by albertdavis3 Jul 06, 2007 at 07:08 AM about the 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt 1LT

what is the normal engine operating temperature and how do you add coolant.

18TandSVT
3,515

The normal engine operating temperature on most new GM cars is ~200 degrees. You shouldn't need to add coolant if the car is only a 2007 model, and if you are having problems with your cooling system, they will most likely be covered by your factory warranty. However, to add coolant to the system, you will want to make sure the engine is cool, remove the coolant reservoir cap, and add a blend of 50% water and 50% coolant until it reaches the "Full" mark. Your dealer or auto parts store should be able to tell you which variety of coolant you will need to use.

Anonymous
0

Point of interest: when adding water/coolant, be sure to use distilled water as tap water will introduce mineral deposits into your radiator and facilitate cooling failure.

Jeff Donnelly
75

My 07 Cobalt LT sedan always runs at 93 degrees Celsius, regardless of outside temperature. might just be my temperature gauge malfunctioning.

Jean Smit
345

my cobalt runs at about 200 to 210 that's the normal range

Tom Hopper
35

i have a brand new 2008 cobalt with the ecotech engine. My coolant runs between 87 and 93 degrees celcius depending on how hard its been run.

Bojan Zdravev
65

Mine is the 2.4 engine and runs on 89 C but sometimes goes up to 91 C. In trafic goes max to 100 degrees.