Can I burn E-10 in my vette

HARLEYMAN58
5

Asked by HARLEYMAN58 Sep 08, 2011 at 07:36 AM about the 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

I was wondering if you can burn E-10 in my 2003 Z06 with 89 octane. I've heard that athnoal is not good for the gas tank and the fuel system, Is this true?

Joe Finis Sr.
655

I don't think it's recommended nor is it a good idea. Maybe E85 but even that isn't a very good idea.

Dobermann
325

E-10 is 10% and E-85 IS 85%. THE BIGGER THE NUMBER, THE MORE ALCOHOL. Alcohol absorbes moisture,Ethanol that is blended with gas makes LESS horsepower, and get fewer mileage numbers than regular gas.The alcolol eats up rubber fuel lines, gaskets, o-rings, o2 sensors, and drives the poor knock sensor crazy. It also attacks aluminum, and pot metal. So run as little as possiable, or buy a flex fuel vehicle.