Aluminum or steel

Gillian Linard
25

Asked by Gillian Jun 01, 2008 at 10:44 PM about the 2007 Jaguar XK-Series XK Convertible

I know that in 2002 Jaguar started making its XJ Sedan in Aluminum. Does anyone know if ALL models are now made from Aluminum or just the XJs? Believe it or not....I called the dealer and the mental midget I spoke to didn't know the answer.
I'd be more inclined to purchase the XK convertible if I KNEW it was made from Aluminum versus steel.

papa

aluminum,less weight is why they went to it.

Gillian Linard
25

Thank you very much for your reply. Everyone I'd asked before had told me that only the XJ sedan had changed to Aluminum in 2004 so I'm relieved to know that the car of my dreams in also made of aluminum

Paul Patterson
125

The XJ went all Aluminum in the US in 2004. The S-type got the hood and trunk (boot) panels done in Aluminum for 2005, and has aluminum suspension pieces starting in 2003. The XK switched to all aluminum in 2006 (Series II bodystyle).