Is there a trick or easy way to change an altenator on a 1988 fiero v6 2.8 ltr..Can you access it from the right rear wheel well..thanks ..

jlynch30
5

Asked by jlynch30 Jul 29, 2012 at 05:55 PM about the 1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula

103,325

"Jack the car up in the rear and pull off the passenger side rear wheel. you will be able to see the slider that the alternator is mounted on. remove that bolt and clawl under the car to remove the top bolt from the alternator. the reason for this is that the alternator has to come out of the bottom of the car. you will want to be under the car to catch the alternator when it come loose. repeat steps in reverse to put alternator back on. use a bar to put tention on the alternator to get the proper tention on the belt."