I bought a 86 fiero gt and attempted to get new brakes...The owner failed to leave the tire lock in the car.Any suggestions on where I might find a tire key? I would be in your debt forever....

franktraina
0

Asked by franktraina Nov 09, 2012 at 12:36 PM about the 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

Ronald Dopwell
255

you may have to replace all the locks. go to a reputable tyre shop/garage & have them remove the security locks for you {a big enough shop can handle this with ease}

Paul Whitlock
875

Locks arent too tough to get off. I have a special socket set to pull them now, but I used to hammer on a 12 point socket around the outside of the locknut and buzz them with an impact wrench -- this will likely ruin the socket, but it works!

17,585

They also make a handy tool for stripped lug nuts that work good. I have used them on my buddies civic because he lost the key one night when he had a flat.