I have an 86, 2.5, 5 speed Feiro. It runs great and only has 94K on it. My issue is with the clutch.

jswfiero
0

Asked by May 03, 2013 at 10:23 AM about the 1986 Pontiac Fiero Base

My clutch needs to be depressed all the way to the floor in order to shift. This makes driving and shifting more difficult. I want to be able to adjust the clutch or foot pedal in order to get the clutch to engage without depressing the pedal to the floor but I do not know how. Can you give me any pointers? Jeff

find the clutch cylinder under the hood and put some brake fluid in there--- --due to the age and mileage am going to have to suggest a new master and slave cylinders:

91,625

This might be helpful. http://www.thefierofactory.com/qaclutch.php

dang, dandy-that makes it sound like a design flaw such that a suction should be used to get the bubbles out......ooof~

got to park on a steep hill---lol~

Andrew Welsh
245

For clutch parts I highly recommend buying from rodneydickman.com. He sells very high quality parts and you can also get a bleeder tool to help get the air out of the lines. Also check to make sure you don't have any hydraulic leaks, I ran into an issue with that and shortly couldn't get the clutch to work at all because the dinky little reservoir ran dry. I have successfully bled my clutch by openging the bleeder, having a buddy push the clutch pedal down then closing the bleeder and having them let the pedal back up. It takes a while and a lot of refills of the reservoir since it only holds ~3 pumps of the pedal worth of fluid but my clutch works great now.