I have a 1984 Potiac Fiero, Its a stick shift, Gear would not fall smoothly

84Fiero
0

Asked by Sep 30, 2013 at 10:59 AM about the 1984 Pontiac Fiero SE or Indy

My 1984 Fiero SE gear would not shift smoothly. Reverse gear is very hard. It is a well preseved car and it has only 24,500 miles on it.

Steve Neyens
195

You need to see how much movement you have of the clutch arm on the transmission, it need about 1.25" for full travel. If the movement is less there could be air in the system. If the movement is good then you may need a new clutch. Having trouble getting into reverse is the first sign.