2007 Honda Accord turns over, but doesn't start most of the time

maldonadod7
0

Asked by maldonadod7 Nov 23, 2012 at 04:13 PM about the 2007 Honda Accord Coupe EX

I have a 2007 Honda Accord with about 53,000 miles on it. I drove it early last night and it started fine, but when I tried to turn it on a few hours later, around 10:00 pm the engine slowly rolled over and it would not start. I ended up trying a few times again around 7:00 am and it barely started with the gas pedal floored after a few tries, but no noticeable stalling or sputtering after it was started and no warning dash lights showed up after it started either. It might just be a coincidence, but I've noticed it having a little trouble starting on the cooler nights before. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2,455

your battery might not have enough cold cranking amps to turn over

Lars Cats
3,035

I agree with Jonathan, chances are your battery is on its way out and can't generate enough amperes to crank the engine at a high enough speed while simultaneously supplying power to the pump fuel and ignition. Try using a set of jump leads to take power from another car (with the other cars engine running of course) or a jump start pack to see if the extra power makes a difference.

36td
135

You have a dead cell in your battery! You can take it to about any auto parts store and they will tell you it's good, seeing they cannot test each cell! Replace your battery!