2007 Honda Accord turns over, but doesn't start most of the time

maldonadod7
0

Asked by maldonadod7 Nov 23, 2012 at 04:13 PM about the 2007 Honda Accord Coupe EX

I have a 2007 Honda Accord with about 53,000 miles on it. I drove it early last night and it started fine, but when I tried to turn it on a few hours later, around 10:00 pm the engine slowly rolled over and it would not start. I ended up trying a few times again around 7:00 am and it barely started with the gas pedal floored after a few tries, but no noticeable stalling or sputtering after it was started and no warning dash lights showed up after it started either. It might just be a coincidence, but I've noticed it having a little trouble starting on the cooler nights before. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1,785

your battery might not have enough cold cranking amps to turn over

Lars Cats
2,405

I agree with Jonathan, chances are your battery is on its way out and can't generate enough amperes to crank the engine at a high enough speed while simultaneously supplying power to the pump fuel and ignition. Try using a set of jump leads to take power from another car (with the other cars engine running of course) or a jump start pack to see if the extra power makes a difference.