is there a screen under the oil pressure sensor

gsrowland
10

Asked by gsrowland Dec 29, 2012 at 09:42 PM about the 2007 GMC Yukon XL SLT-2 1/2 Ton 2WD

0 oil pressure reading,   runs great,  no lifter noise,  replaced sensor,  did nothing

49,595

Is there power to the gauge? The sending unit provides a varying ground.

gsrowland
10

Yes there is power to the gauge. The gauge is active. I just want to know if there is a screen under the the sensor before I tear up my hands for 2 hours again to check.

49,595

No screen that I know of. Just a threaded hole that leads to the oil gallery.

JMC8888
0

with a gauge display - is it possible for the gauge to go? I have no oil pressure when the truck is warm according to the gauge but I have NO knocking and valve tick - replaces oil pressure sensor.

RICK7081
10

I HAVE A FRIEND WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. SEEMS VERY COMMON. THEY HAVE GOTTEN THE RUN AROUND FROM DEALERS. AND NOW THE WARRANTY HAS RAN OUT. THE GAUGE COULD BE BAD. I HAVE READ OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE GAUGE READING ZERO OIL PRESSURE, BUT CONTINUED TO DRIVE THE VEHICLE AND HAD NO ENGINE DAMAGE. THEY THEN REPLACED THE SENSOR, WHICH DID NOTHING. THIS TELLS ME IT COULD BE THE GAUGE. I SUGGESTED INSTALLING A MECHANICAL GAUGE AND DOING AWAY WITH THE ELECTRICAL GAUGE AND SENSOR. THIS WOULD TELL YOU FOR SURE IF THE ENGINE IS PUMPING OIL. AND ELIMINATE ANY ELECTICAL BS THESE VEHICLES ARE KNOWN FOR HAVING.