My MKZ makes a rattling sound when I accelerate-right after it changes gears.

Garry_55
10

Asked by Garry_55 Oct 15, 2010 at 09:55 PM about the 2007 Lincoln MKZ Base

Sometimes it resembles a vibrating sound. Service tech could not duplicate the noise. I have owned the car for 2 months and it has 32,000 miles on it. Any ideas?

jdavidson015
465

yea, i have a 2007 lincoln mkz with 34625 miles on it. I have a similar issue, from what i have found out, they say its a common thing. its basically lag when the gears change. it shouldnt be a problem

Garry_55
10

Thanks for your reply. Glad to hear that it isn't a problem! I really like my MKZ, so it's good to hear from you. Nice pic of your car and a great color. Mine is black with black interior. Have a great day!

jdavidson015
465

ohh yea, the black is nice. personally i wanted silver but i couldnt get that color at the auction. and my pic is literally right after i spent about 6 hours doing a complete detail, thanks for the comment on that. another thing that i noticed is if your sun visor isnt locked into the clip it will rattle, that might be one of the things you should check. if not its mostlikely just the lag when switching gears. good luck

Garry_55
10

RE: rattle- you are so right about the sun visor rattle. i found it about a month ago, so i had two distinct rattles going on! the dealership had lent me a 2010 mkz while trying to track down my engine rattle. i noticed the same rattle in it, as in my 2007(sun visor was not locked in). Great job on the detail of your MKZ!!

jdavidson015
465

thanks, hope you have had luck with finding the rattle. good luck

jdavidson015
465

i have found a new rattle, atleast on mine. the seal between the door and the car will rattle, you can check by putting a finger between the door and the car body to see if you have this aswell