Doors wont unlock/open

Zaraki Kenpachi
0

Asked by Zaraki Jul 16, 2010 at 11:09 PM about the 2007 Kia Optima LX V6

My fiancee has a 07 kia optima, just recently bout a month ago, whenshe would unlock the door with her key it wouldn't .open. She has to pull and turn the key at the sametime and sometimes it opens sometimes it don't. It takes her roughly 10 minutes to get her door open now. Does anyone know what the cause of this is and how to fix it?

ranger58
65

Hi Josh, I have much the same problem with both the doors and the ignition. I think it is wear on the locks, but do try pushing the key straight into the lock, take the pressure off it for a second or so, then ease out turning the key very gently, works for me and is the same with ignition. It is about a sixteenth of an inch then the key will turn ok. Do not try to put too much weight on the key itself, gently does it.

liberator
20

had the same problem w/my 2004 optima. the actuator and the door lock mechanism was failing. while you can still get the door open i highly recomend you replace them. I ordered a kia shop dvd for about ten bucks and bought the parts for about $190. Took the better part of a day, but saved a ton. Once you are in the door, the design is simple to figure out.

Clayton Deans
15

I have a 2005 optima have the same problem, mine stopped working 2 weeks after warentey ran out , was five years old 61,000km, I looked online so many with the same problem but yet no recall. If your inAN ACCIDENT YOU WILL BE TRAPPED IN. wOULD i EVER BUY ANOTHER kIA NOT A CHANCE. cAR SUCKS AND THE DEALERS SUCK

drk122668
20

I just aquired a 2004 Kia, worked great, for a while. Now same problem. Can't get out of the driver side door. I've been researching this and beginning to think KIA needs to answer for this. It is a hazard to anyone driving there car(s). There are a lot of people who are having the same problem. Scary situation...

Dedicated
20

My elderly mother 2004 Optima 2004 driver door will not unlock or open. All other doors work with the remote. This just happened over the weekend. Took the car to Sears, they couldn't fix it. Now heading to the dealer. This is a shame.

worthingrocks
0

I have a 2006 Optima with the same problem. Only the driver door will not open. When I turn the key in the driver look, it feels stuck. It will unlock, but when I pull the handle, it re-locks. I took it in and they said they just adjusted it a little and it worked. I got in, drove it home, and the same thing happened. I'm very angry. I recommend just buying the new part and having them replace it.