What does it mean when there's a letter "F" on the counsel from the gear shift

Sebos
40

Asked by Sebos Feb 11, 2013 at 06:37 PM about the 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE

Sebos
40

Drive means forward , again , letter F , is displayed on dashboard , but shifter will not move

judge_roy

Fault. will investigate--gimme some time-

judge_roy

references to F are for farenheit which would be out of context. Don't you have a check engine lite where we could read the codes to see why is not letting you shift out of drive and is displaying F (fault)...check your owners manual would be more authority on this.

7jimmy7
9,395

oh man! shifter wont move cuz your in park, the F is a P with chipped display

judge_roy

ya Jimmy, but it won't shift out of F or Park?!

7jimmy7
9,395

step on brake, turn key,if battery has any life ,good to go, unless too much coffee goo jamin the release tab

7jimmy7
9,395

sorry sebo, maby you dont let the kids drop gummy bears and soda in every crevass in the cabin

judge_roy

please do tell about this prophetic "release tab" straight out of your imagination, man...no really this is the thing that will get ole Sebos back on the road with a smile...well kudos to you, my friend. have been right checkin' 'mark helpful' for you as much as I can!

Sebos
40

Hey guys thanks for ur input , but I don't know what happen after a few start that F disappeared and it let me shift

judge_roy

No 'release tab' that 7jimmy7 said was there....damn.

7jimmy7
9,395

im thinking! im thinking! remember i'm just a guru apprentice, ok you know the thingy that really tic ya off when you try to move the shifter, and its stuck or locked that the older cars did not have? myself i usally get ahold of this s o b and burn it off ,twist it off,whatever and then the doors lock me in,honestly sometime id like to grab a ball pien hammer and? no im saving it for the one that ordered this silly in my car ! and now look what sebo says dont know what happen? out of the blue the F vanished and off and running,so my prophetic view is,,yes it was gummy bears and yes the F is a P with a chipped paint,and yes it will reappear at the next stop ! oh vey we try

judge_roy

right on jimmy7, that's using your brain!...the ballpeen probably will not churn out the desired result...but you'll get it OUT of your system...at the cost of facing up to your transgressions~...cannot express the JOY that I'm feeling right now that we were able to tackle this with your gut intuition....here I kept thinkin 'F' yeah like the grades I got in every class in high school!