177,000 TOO MANY MILES

tonywhitehead
0

Asked by tonywhitehead Mar 23, 2013 at 08:48 PM about the 2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4 Dr STD AWD SUV

I have a 2000 discovery series2 with 177,000 miles heads done, water pump done starter done, however real main seal starting to leak how much will it cost me? do you think it's time to put her down?

45,685

How much is it leaking? Adding a liter of oil every month is not that large of an expense.

judge_roy

hey, that's a perfectly good buggy, ya got there...would devour that one up immediately in former parts of town back home because it's straight, never wrecked and not seen much off-road use, handled with kid gloves and not slammed around for fun...a responsible driver owned this---should be enough to make the sale in a hurry....if the things is all that!

judge_roy

how many googely-eyed wrench-heads with hydraulic presses, overhead cranes, lifts and booms to make quick work of this...here, you look bored, here's a dollar-....no joking aside this is a bit of a hasslin' job with a few seal extraction and placement assortment rings needed- not too much money, if you've got a guy who already is equipped to do seals, pay 'em off!

Lars Cats
2,405

The rear oil seal itself would cost you around $15, but I'd buy a complete seal kit if I were you. It's a bit of a job to do but with the right tools it should cost you no more than a day or two in all if you do it yourself (or two days of pay for a mechanic plus the seal kit).

Badger446124
80

Is it one piece or two piece seal?

judge_roy

two piece? are you out-of-your mind?