2003 discovery II 210000 miles

JfdiscII
35

Asked by JfdiscII Jan 28, 2013 at 09:14 AM about the 2004 Land Rover Discovery SE

just pulled in driveway and have radiator fluid pour out at where the transmission bolts in to engine --
that area - never runs hot -- did have gurgling in heater core but added more fluid yesterday and it went
a way - drove it a bout 50 miles and no leaks -- drove to front gate and back to take trash and there it
was i lost about qt -- is there a hose on the back of the engine that has sprang a leak?

49,825

i could be a leaking heater core. The heater has a drain on the firewall down low and near the center.

JfdiscII
35

will check it out -- thanks you --

Lars Cats
2,625

Probably the hose feeding the heater core or the return line, there's not a lot more in the way of coolant hoses in that position.

JfdiscII
35

i never responded - it was the hose that heated the air intake -- it ran doen the back of engine -- replace hose and gasket all is fine