1999 LAND ROVER DICOVERY 2 TRANSMISSION AND TRANSFERCASE WONT ENGAGE

JOHNG65SS
0

Asked by JOHNG65SS Feb 10, 2014 at 11:06 PM about the 1999 Land Rover Discovery 4 Dr Series II AWD SUV

1999 LAND ROVER DISCO 2 REMOVED FRONT DRIVESHAFT SELECTED T CASE TO NEUTRAL TO REMOVE BOLTS DRIVESHAFT OUT I FIGURED DROP IT OFF STANDS TO TEST IT OUT. SELECTED IT BACK TO 4HI AND NOW T CASE AND TRANSMISSION WONT ENGAGE TRIED IT A FEW TIMS NO LUCK WHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE.

driveshafter
140

if the truck has full time 4wd 4 hi 4 lo not 2 hi 4hi 4 lo then tghers clutches in the transfer case that akts like a limited slip when no it transfers power acordinly when you run without front driveline it screws with the sensors the dodge power wagons are the same way put dline back in and call me at 602 997 0906 im a driveline tech