1997 discovery dead. battery good, immobilized completely

lrdead
20

Asked by lrdead Apr 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM about the 1997 Land Rover Discovery 4 Dr SE AWD SUV

no lights, no radio, no ignition, transmission locked, red light flashes 3 times and stays on.

judge_roy

Is this a stolen vehicle, because that would make sense. Are we going to help you defeat the security system today?

lrdead
20

not stolen. parked vehicle, would not start, junped to no effect, changed battery, completely immobilized. red flashes 3 times and stays on.

DavidH25

What red light? the led security light or a red dash cluster warning?

John Sturman
1,035

the imobilisor has kicked in and disabled the ecu you will have to call out land rover to reset everything and that aint cheep

DavidH25

By george I think John has pegged it.

Lars Cats
2,405

Provided you still have the original security code to go with the car there is no need to go to a stealership: http://members.home.nl/lhcats/disco%20immobiliser%20override.pdf

You think this is helpful.