2005 Acura RL high mileage - Reconstructed/REBUILT Title - Help me estimate value...?

wwboy
20

Asked by wwboy Apr 19, 2013 at 03:57 AM about the 2005 Acura RL 3.5L

2005 Acura RL 100k+ mi - Reconstructed Title - Help me estimate value...(KBB Private
$11.500;  NADA Retail Clean $13.400) --- front end damage 1 airbag deployed; repair
looks good and car tracks fine.
Would the popularity of the car figure into the 'discount' off the value...? what number do
you start with (retail? PP? Tradein?) -
25% 40% ???
Carfax says take $2200 off of retail...seems like a little sparse?

Thanks

judge_roy

You gotta just drive it and enjoy it....Salvaged titles are poison to resale value...I wouldn't buy one again...that Volvo I bought with a 'salvaged' title was cheap enough but could not be aligned and always swam left the entire time I owned it~

14,295

I would just walk away, you never really know about a salvage vehicle. How much damage was done, was someone hurt, bodily fluids, stuff like that.

45,935

Ask your insurance agent how much it's worth.

wwboy
20

Thank-you for your answers. It was a total loss. Salvage title. Professionally redone...and now "reconstructed title"... I was able to find the pictures of it damaged by searching the VIN. Driver Airbag deployed. (I'd be the buyer btw) - feel free to scare me. This is the Make/Model/year I'd like to buy and the cheapness of it has a lot of appeal. My intention is to drive it myself for a good long while -- not make money on it but if it turns out to have miserable surprises, I don't particularly want to be out the money and not be able to sell the car.

judge_roy

as I said, Drive it! Love it! be keenly aware of it's behavior under panic conditions, back in Milwaukee the parking lot at the pickNsave before they plowed was ideal to do donuts and check the handling of the car with maneuverability and during panic stops...I think every driver should experience their own car under extreme circumstances in a non- destructive way~

Approvedauto
105

I'd take 50% off retail because if you have to put it back together you won't be able to get full coverage insurance and if you do happen to find an insurance company to insure it they will pay 50% of retail value on a reconstructed/salvage title. Be careful with salavge or recon title sometimes you get what you pay for and in the long run it may become a money pit. Good luck hope this helped.