Engine RPM

nakish
0

Asked by nakish Jan 02, 2012 at 10:51 AM about the 1994 Subaru Loyale 4 Dr STD 4WD Wagon

I have just purchased a 1994 Loyale. It has a 3 speed automatic in it. The engine RPM seems very high so there might be something wrong. At 55MPH it revs up to about 3800 RPM. Is this normal?
Thanks

Picture_Perfect_Mechanic4u
115

it sounds like your car is stuck maybe in 4 wheel drive, and or your servo is messed up.

broisum
365

Yeah this is normal, I have a 3 speed in my car and at 100ks it will sit around 3500 or more. These engines like to rev, but i have a 5 speed in the other car and it will sit on 3000 rpm at 100ks, so not to much difference.