will my car be ok if i don't fix my theft alarm system

p2myiso
25

Asked by p2myiso Dec 15, 2012 at 04:01 PM about the 2002 Saab 9-5 Linear 2.3T

The batteries on my alarm have gone out and I don't have the money to buy a whole new  alarm system and was
wondering if my car will be ok if I don't get it fix

45,785

The car will be OK. Why not replace the alarm system battery?

Best Answer
p2myiso
25

U mean the batteries on the critic board of the alarm system i tried that but the batteries didnt come with three sided caps and i didnt have a soldering tool

Thomas Spencer
15

The Alarm System which has the permanently soldered batteries only tells the auto electronics it's "there" or not "there". It makes a chirp when you arm it and it gives an annoying "false" alarm when the battery voltage goes below standard after months of gradual failure. The batteries can be replaces fairly easily with a soldering gun or you can send it away for service for something under $80. This is far cheaper than buying one from a dealer. Also, when I finally got around to sending mine away for repair, I took it out and sent it off without anything in its place. The SID still gives the annoying "Service Theft System" message, but the car works fine. There is no "chirp" when the car is locked, but the locking system works fine and I can sleep without worrying about annoyed neighbors. If I had known this in advance, I probably would have simply removed mine without sending it along for repair.

You think this is helpful.