Starter or Alternator?

Malven King
75

Asked by Malven Oct 26, 2011 at 09:59 AM about the 1999 Saab 9-5 4 Dr SE V6t Turbo Sedan

problem began with having trouble turning ignition correctly then discovered windows were not responding unless i played with the key. few days ago on the road, whole engine shut down, tried to start it but seemed no power although battery was ok. my mech suspected alternator but i'm debating if i should replace the starter too. (1999 9-5 SE V6)

Robert Lewis
45

Had same issues shop replaced ignition switch and it was fine. The alternator and starter can both be checked so have them checked before you end up spending too much chasing problems.