Add hydrolic fluid to convertible top

zzdanny
10

Asked by zzdanny Apr 16, 2013 at 09:14 AM about the 2005 Saab 9-3 Aero Convertible

The convertible top on my 2005 9-3 Aero needs manual assistance to operate. I feel it needs
a refill of hydralic fuid. Can anyone help in how this is done?

DavidH25

How do you fill convertible fluid in a Saab convertible? If it's an '04 - '10 you must remove the passenger's side trunk liner which entails removing the front liner and the trunk to top partition. There are just a bunch of clips with centers that you push in about 1/8 inch then pull the clip out and 6 Torx head screws. The 2 black clips that attach the side liner to the floor are christmes tree type and may break. It's pretty obvious once the side liner is removed. Uses chf 11s hydraulic oil. ........Source: SAAB CONVERTIBLE FAQ.html

zzdanny
10

Thanks David, I'll give this a try in the next couple of days and let you know how it turns out. Dan

DavidH25

Please do. Keep me informed that is. I had to do a lot of searching on that one but it is the only one that made any sense. There were people that said "you can't" well I couldn't accept that, there had GOT to be a way

zzdanny
10

David, it took me awhile but I just topped up the hydralic fluid for the convertible top on the Saab. Thanks, your comments were right on. The convertible top performed as new afterwards. Hydralic fluid was about $21 at a local automotive store. Regards, Dan

Clermont1
0

guys thanks so much! piece of cake, and found locally this Prestone "11s" (power steering fluid) for Euro vehicles for only $12 bucks! http://prestone.com/enca/node/1102 and it works like new again. NW