Cockpit fan noise

daproster
0

Asked by daproster Nov 04, 2012 at 09:12 PM about the 2001 Saab 9-3 SE Convertible

I own a 2001 Saab 93 convertible that has an annoying fan type noise coming from under the dash. It sounds like a slow moving fan blade hitting something. It only occurs when the car is running and it's controlled by the AC/heater blower switch. I've removed oiled and replaced the Cabin Air Sensor unit. I also confirmed that the noise still occurred while the Cabin Air Sensor was removed. I have removed the cowling and checked the AC/heater blower fan to confirm that the noise still occurs even though the fan isn't moving. It's a constant speed noise that isn't affected by the blower speed control and only occurs when the car is running. What the heck is it?

Mark Georgeff
50

replace the fan motor

daproster
0

I don't think that's it. The noise is still there even when the blower fan is not turning.