I have a column lock problem with my 1998 corvette

fleetfoot76
20

Asked by fleetfoot76 Apr 17, 2013 at 01:18 PM about the 1998 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

The column lock  warning is on.  The engine dies when put into gear and I let off the brake.  The recall
repair was done in 2005 under a different owner.  I can't find anyone to repair and what my options are.  
Can you help me?

judge_roy

pull the steering wheel, replace the lock with one that works, find out why in the hell it's jammin'.....da ta da da da~

fleetfoot76
20

Mark, nothing is jamming. The steering wheel turns freely. Thanks

Denis Sagendorf
355

YOU DIDN'T SAY WHAT THE RECALL WAS, ALSO I'M GUESSING YOU HAVE AN AUTOMATIC. SOUNDS KIND OF LIKE THE SAFETY KILL SWITCH THAT WON'T LET THE CAR START IN GEAR. OR WITHOUT THE CLUTCH DISENGAGED. CROSS WIRES, BAD RELAY, BARE WIRE SHORT. IF YOU CAN CONTACT THE FORMER OWNER, SEE WHAT IF ANY THING WAS WORKED ON BEFORE. GOOD LUCK!!!!