saab 9-3 air conditioner venting refrigerant

floridatrucks
0

Asked by floridatrucks Oct 30, 2010 at 02:58 PM about the 1999 Saab 9-3 2 Dr Turbo Convertible

while driving slowly the refrigerant from the a/c system vented and formed a small gas cloud. i took car to mechanic who evacuated system and recharged, only to have system vent again loosing about half of the refrigerant we just installed. we have since evacuated the system again. my mechanic seems to think we have a problem with an orifice.
any clues?
btw the air was blowing cold prior to the gas release both times.

Jan Fosen
275

Its a leak somewhere on the A/C pipes or gaskets in the enginee bay . He should refill again and run the a/c system while going over the system looking for cold gas leak.