Radio don't work. What could the problem be?

tstansbro
525

Asked by tstansbro Mar 23, 2013 at 10:53 AM about the 1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight 4 Dr Regency Elite Sedan

I have a 1991 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Elite. The radio somewhat works, but it just comes through as static. Its
missing a few fuses, but its still got power. Could someone give me a link to the fuse diagram or give me advice
on what it could be? Thanks for any further knowledge. This is my first GM product so I don't know a lot about it.

53,365

If you are hearing static, the fuses are good. There are two sources of radio power. One is always hot which keeps the time and sometimes, station pre-sets. The other power is from the ignition that lets you hear when the key is on. --- Static would indicate a bad antenna input. Does the cassette work?

tstansbro
525

The only thing that works on the cassette is the eject. Nothing else works. Don't play, fwd, ect.

tstansbro
525

And I also can't find a fuse box diagram, if you have one, that would be great. Cause I need to find out what amp fuse is missing and what it controls.