What is the metal piece that holds the front lights in on a 1991 olds 88r


Asked by Elizabbeth_ann Mar 16, 2013 at 03:17 AM about the 1991 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale 4 Dr STD Sedan

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

4 Answers


it is called a bezel.

Best Answer

Thank you

Michael Tutty

The bezel, otherwise called the headlamp door, is the trim piece around the light itself. If you mean the piece that actually holds the lamp into the car, you mean the shim, or tab, that you have to lift in order to pull the light out. That is what wedges the lamp in place.


I always called the headlight bucket and the piece behind that the core support.

Your Answer

Add photo
Eighty-Eight Royale
Looking for a Used Eighty-Eight Royale in your area?
CarGurus has 37 nationwide Eighty-Eight Royale listings and the tools to find you a great deal.

Search Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Questions

Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Experts

#1 Michael Urbanski
Michael Urbanski
Reputation 200
#2 John Saffrahn
John Saffrahn
Reputation 120
#3 Michael Stewart
Michael Stewart
Reputation 90
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight"
118 listings starting at $1,900
Used Ford Taurus"
344 Great Deals out of 21,389 listings starting at $1,750