wat breaks on 2006 xj8l

xj8l
0

Asked by xj8l Feb 12, 2013 at 12:52 PM about the 2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L

7jimmy7
9,395

lots! nice looking car,with a price to own, never did see a reliable car from england, that is where its from correct?

judge_roy

yah, jim John Cooper is even using BMW technology. A Bently is as reliable as the customers wallet is thick. Rolls Royce will come out to where you are to fix your car (under warranty that is)- You really haven't seen the half of the British motors because they refuse to drive on the right hand side.

judge_roy

I'm with ya, jim. the 77 Triumph spitfire I owned (with J-type overdrive) had a spiral crack in the crankshaft, still drove but you'd have to stand on the clutch (that I kept rebuilding, not knowing the bone problem), but aside from welding the crack near the PVC valve (with goddamn expensive Nickel welding rod) this one was like a needy suckler, no repair would go unchecked....useless loss...and really NOT that fun, the one country road drive, I struck a cat, who spun around dazed but wasn't squished. scary with your ass two and half inches from the ground the big rigs feel like giants who will run you over...but enough of this thread thanks for reading it!

judge_roy

wat breaks, like wats in LA? no what, with that crazy 'H' in there, it's silly, but you'll be spellin' American before you know it. To answer your question EVERYTHING. you really must make good friends with your mechanic (invite him in for a Pale Ale) get in good and see if you can squeeze some free labor out of him when it comes time to change your waterpump or do a full brake job, or flush the tranny or a garden variety oil change (easy to mess these up if you don't know what you're doin') yes. they are not reliable. yes, we have no bananas.

7jimmy7
9,395

are they good builders? driving on the wrong side is queer to me,and the metric stuff still busts my balls even though its more accurate as said, .and the prince ,wonder what he drives. if he knows how.come to think of it ,no the metric was adopted for marketing.over seas and we struggle from it, amercia built the globe on sae nuts and bolts,good old 1/2 9/16 yeah now i have to paint them different coulours, or colors

onlybuyjags
75

Airbag sensors, rear market lights rust out on a occasion, Computer fault occasionally. Don't lose your key it will cost you $135.00 for jaguar to program