Where is the IAI or the IAT at on a 02 xj8 vanden plas

Donygibbs
0

Asked by Donygibbs Apr 07, 2013 at 12:22 PM about the 2002 Jaguar XJ-Series 4 Dr Vanden Plas Sedan

Has pcode 1111 and saw if you
clean this sensor it will run right...
HELP!!!!

45,745

According to my chart, P1111 is not a air intake temperature sensor problem. It shows "P1111 - Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve Circuit Bank 1" -- Since the Intake valve timing control solenoid valve uses oil flow to control timing, dirty oil can cause the valve to stuck open or close. Before replacing the valve, change engine oil and filter and reset engine code.

Best Answer
45,745

Generally, the air intake temperature sensor is located in the intake plumbing near the throttle body.

Donygibbs
0

Thank you guys I'm going try that first

Donygibbs
0

One more question where is circuit bank 1 and which is the right solenoid??? I have all chevy's I'm trying to fix my moms car troubles.. Thanks in advance

Donygibbs
0

What do I need to clean it good or does that not help

45,745

Bank 1 and Bank 2 refers to the two sides of the V8 engine. It's the same on the GM engines. Four cylinder engines do not have a Bank 2. If there is only one solenoid on the engine (as I believe your Jag has), that is referred to as Bank 1. -- Try a oil change to see if the clean oil clears the code.

orca17
75

A great place to get help is the Jaguar Forums (http://www.jaguarforums.com). When I had my '99 XJ8 those guys saved me a lot of money and headaches. There are several factory certified mechanics on that forum, as well as a lot of owners who work extensively on their cars.

45,745

Forums are a good place to get item specific problems fixed. Other owners know what works.

Donygibbs
0

I really appreciate all the help gonna try it

Donygibbs
0

Just talked to her and she said that she had just changed the oil I may try again