Anybody know why my jaguar 2002 hasitates untill it reaches the right tempeture? After thatfine but when it's cold even the brakes don't want to work.In the winter it wouldn't stay on untill it warmed up enough. But know in warm weather it stays on but sounds like it wants to shut off. Help please

jaguar02
110

Asked by jaguar02 May 14, 2012 at 12:57 PM about the 2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0

Anybody know why my jaguar 2002 hasitates untill it reaches the right tempeture? After thatfine but when it's cold
even the brakes don't want to work.In the winter it wouldn't stay on untill it warmed up enough. But know in warm
weather it stays on but sounds like it wants to shut off. Help please

Rachel Kirby
185

it could be your thermostat going out and/or your water pump. these cars have plastic pieces where there should be metal that being said the plastic bits could be worn out and not performing as they should. i've had to replace my entire cooling system due to worn out plastic pieces,i even had to replace the water pump.

You think this is helpful.
jaguar02
110

Thanks, I'll totally check that out!!! :)

Rachel Kirby
185

No prob,hope it helps :)

Ianrdo
0

Very good question two issues may resolve this change spark plugs and inlet manifold gaskets as they should always be replaced when changing plugs