i saw a jaguar x-type for 7,950 with 59,181 miles it says clean title is this to good to be true for the price? or might there be something wrong?

gabesosa
0

Asked by gabesosa Jan 29, 2010 at 04:51 PM about the 2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0

i was just wondering might there be someting wrong with this car, based on the price? this is under vehicle description; WOW!LOOK BABY THIS JAGUAR ONLY 59K ACTUAL MILES LOOK LIKE NEW CLEAN TITLE,SUN ROOF,A/C is ice cold! Power everything! Pristine Interior. Pristine carpet. CALL SALES REPRESENTATIVES! Our goal is 100% Customer Satisfaction/ FEES APPLY IF YOU WANT TO FINANCE! Financing Available - 1st Time Buyers Welcome, Bankruptcy OK, Come See Us, We Can Help! We Are 7040 VAN NUYS BL.Van Nuys,Ca.91405/Within Vanowen & Sherman Way. LIMITED WARRANTY ON EVERY VEHICLE! /Extended Warranty Available! Se Habla Espanol! VISIT OUR WEB SITE @ WWW.BAIRESAUTOMARKET.COM

Extended Warranty Available For Purchase As Well. Financing Available - 1st Time BuyerOur goal is 100% Customer Satisfaction - Stop By Today, Make us An Offer. Bankruptcy OK, We Can Help. Se Habla Espanol. Prices Are Subject To Change Without Notice!!

i did check car fax it showed 8 records

Richard Davies
0

probably fine - after all, its only a re-bodied mondeo

Douglass Glidden
95

It depends on the model year and how well-equipped the car is, but $8000 sounds like a reasonable price, if not a little high, for a good condition X-Type with 60K miles. For comparison, I bought mine 5 years old with 27,000 miles for about $10,000, which was just a little below blue book value. There are a few potential problem areas to check for with these cars (e.g. transfer case, automatic transmission), especially in the 2002 and 2003 model years, but overall they are good quality and very reliable cars. In short, $8,000 is not at all "too good to be true" for this car. Check www.kbb.com for the blue-book value, which should give you a better idea of the real value.

Douglass Glidden
95

By the way, Richard's comment above exemplifies the perception that causes these cars to depreciate so quickly. In essence, it's true—the Jaguar X-Type, under the skin, is indeed very similar to and based on the Ford Mondeo—in the same way, most Lexus models are essentially reskinned Toyotas, Acuras are reskinned Hondas, etc. In spite of the fact that it's every inch a luxury car, the X-Type was never able to overcome it's reputation as a "reskinned Ford Mondeo"—which is great for buyers like me, who are now able to get a Jaguar in like-new condition for the same price as a used VW or Honda.