1991 Chevy Corsice 3.1 engine. Loses power

amark114
0

Asked by amark114 Jul 01, 2011 at 09:19 PM about the 1991 Chevrolet Corsica 4 Dr LT Sedan

The car will be running ok.  The idle is a little low.  We made a left hand turn the other day quickly and then the car just sputtered and quit and would not restart.  We had to disconnect the battery and then reconnect it again so we could get it started to get home.  Got it home, but had to ride gas and brake to keep from stalling and at home in the driveway the car just quit.  We haven't started it since.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Chris Folsom
135

Whats the oil level like? It probably doesnt have any sensor that will shut it off if the oil gets low. But my dad's 2000 Chevy pickup was doing that, we put 2 quarts in it (I yelled at him about that) and it started right up. The other thing to think about is the fuel tank. There couldve been dirt in the bottom of the tank that could have been plugging up the sock on the fuel pump and when you turned the corner more dirt or whatever could have plugged it up more. But thats not what it sounds like if you disconnected the battery and then it started after reconnecting it. Check camshaft positioning senser, crankshaft, positioning sensor, temperature control sensor. If you can get a code on it, I can look it up on Alldata when I get to work and I can tell you where to start