engine will start but shut down after 15 to 25 minutes

alfredo356
0

Asked by alfredo356 Apr 02, 2007 at 06:55 PM about the 1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

my car will turn on when it's cold but after it's been idling for about 15 to 25 minutes it shuts down and wont turn back on till it's completely cold this may take several hours or overnight. Ive checked the computer for error codes but can find any, fuel pump has been replaced as well as the control module. I have replaced the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor. I know I ve missed something I just dont know what.

LouB
12,520

Hi Alfredo! The next thing I would eliminate would be fuel injectors. Go have the dealer take a look if that's not in your ballpark technically. Good luck!

Anonymous
0

Alfredo have you also checked the selinoid on the starter sometimes when it starts to go bad that is your fist sign give it a shot ill check back with you later,hope this helps you out good luck