MY CAR WONT START BECAUSE OF A SECURITY LOCK, WHY?

SPIDERJOE
0

Asked by SPIDERJOE Dec 31, 2006 at 11:57 AM about the 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

MY CAR WONT START BECAUSE OF A SECURITY LOCK AND I DONT KNOW WHY. IS THERE SOME WAY TO OVER RIDE IT OR IF SO JUST TAKE IT OUT?

13,105

Hello, There can be many causes for the security lock. It can be caused by having the system reset and not re-enabled (i.e. by a place like Jiffy Lube). Here is a good explanation of how the system works: http://www.thirdgen.org/vats_passkey_system You may need to contact the dealer to get the correct codes to restart the car, but hopefully, the link above should help. Best of luck CarGrrl

camaroblood
20

this could be a helpful site to look at http://www.thirdgen.org/vats_passkey_system