how do I turn on the dashboard light when the full light comes on?

krupatee
0

Asked by krupatee May 08, 2013 at 04:48 PM about the 2007 Toyota Camry XLE

the dashboard light goes off when the head lamp is switched on.

judge_roy

if this is constructed anything like a '95 Toyota pickup, there is a separate potentiometer about knee level on the left side---easy to miss~

BURT100
440

Yeah the system is controlled by two lines. headlights off dash lights can be adjusted to bright for use during the day. Head lights on the dash lights dim (because it thinks its night) however you can adjust the dash lights to suit your self by the dash light knob

judge_roy

Why would a person dim the instrument lights?....maybe driving where there are no lights like through the desert, you may not want blaring lights distracting you from lookin' at the hard-to-see road surface...aside from that really cannot speak to the need for making the illumination dim...are you with me on this?...save money, just have them full intensity, 'cause screwing around, and creating an additional source for failure just seems like a bad deal~

Seth Bruns
435

the long black button in the gauge cluster twists, adjusting the brightness of interior lights at night

William Cope
10

thank you seth, you just made my wife a happy lady!