I have a camry 07 I just change the strut for second time in 3 years and this time only works for a week what might be the problem I hope I can get and answer thanks

luiszavala123
10

Asked by luiszavala123 Mar 21, 2013 at 05:52 PM about the 2007 Toyota Camry LE

Wayne Chomas
595

What do you mean by it only works for a week? Did it start leaking? A good quality replacement strut should have a warranty. Don't buy the cheap no-name junk off ebay.

judge_roy

how did you know this needed replacement? foot on the bumper, bounce once up, but not down?

judge_roy

this car in taxi service?

luiszavala123
10

no is not, my car used to make sound like broken strut so I replace it, and the sound and weird movement stop for two years, and then begging again, so I went to AutoZone because I had life warranty and they say is too weird, that it broke, also is too soon to happen, but anyway I replace again and everything was ok until the third day, the weird noise came back and I'm worried, so if anyone knows I'll be so grateful, thanks you!!

judge_roy

sounds like resonations and chafing....lube the hell out of all the moving parts with Tri-flow with teflon, (the choice of most bicyclists for their chains) whatever is chafing will stop makin' noise at the very least!

Seth Bruns
735

i dont mean to sound disrespectful to judge_roy but I would recommend finding the actual problem as suspension components all rely on each other to make a car comfortable, and most importantly safer, if the problem isnt found you could likely damage or put additional wear on parts that werent made the take a high load. Also keep in mind that when you replace struts you need to replace the Upper Mount, Upper Spring Seat, Boot, Lower Spring Seat too...

judge_roy

so change it a third time, Seth?~ not sure why "respect" enters into the picture....oh well...yes this needs to be studied, perhaps the original failure could be analyzed....but we haven't got this luxury and probably was simply discarded....you're not the first to start aimin' weapons at ole judge_roy...yawn.~