1999 Chevy Suburban STILL not running

jcmnh
80

Asked by jcmnh Nov 24, 2012 at 11:08 AM about the 1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 LS 4WD

1999 Chevy Suburban k1500 138,000 miles 5.7 L Vortec engine
vehicle was driving perfectly, accelerating smoothly, plenty of power prior to this, even driven that morning. stalled at
red light on 11/1/12 and has not started since.
no backfiring, no sputtering, no misfiring, no skipping.
sounds like it wants to start, but will not turn over
new battery
new plugs
timing chain tested by getting the #1 cylinder up on the compression stroke and rotor button sitting on #1
cylinder/plug wire and it is working
all fuses working
getting good white spark
ignition modulator replaced
throttle position sensor replaced (handheld scanner threw only this code)
fuel pump has 62 psi
sending unit appears to be working
will not start even when spraying ether on it
security light is on and steady when trying to start

Could it be:

crank sensor?
camshaft sensor?
spider injector?

19,715

No its the security system. I'm pretty positive its identical to all the GM cars but I might be wrong and if i am, trying this won't hurt anthing. Try to start the truck and then release the key and leave it in the on position for 10 minutes. The security light will go off after the 10 is up. After the light goes out turn the key off and retry starting. It may start up or you may have to go through this process 2 more times for a total of 30 minutes. Make sure the battery is fully charged and it would be great if you had a deep cycle trickle charger. Like a 2amp while it sits with the key on. The security system disables the fuel injectors.

jcmnh
80

I'll try it! Thanks! The security light is on and steady when I try to start it- no flashing....

19,715

Some don't flash till a little bit after you try to start it and it sits.

jcmnh
80

I do have a battery charger that I can attach to the battery during this- I will try this tomorrow morning.... thank you

dogmanaev
45

check starter and wires going to it

19,715

Hey dogmanaev, this question is over 9 months old bud, and if it was the starter or wiring to it then the issue would be the engine isn't turning when the key is turned.