I have 1992 Camaro RS and the security light is on and the car wont start how can i dissable and eliminate the system

lincolnls69
0

Asked by lincolnls69 Jul 08, 2013 at 12:58 AM about the 1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

I replaced burnt out fuses and the security light came on and now the car wont start, how and where can i find the system to eliminate  it. If i remove the ECM fuse the light goes off but i cant turn the car on without the ECM. Can someone help me here please

7jimmy7
10,665

you cannot eliminate it, hardly! the chip in the key head must communicate with black sec. box under dash . thru lock set. pass key g m made! try cleaning key, work door locks on and off, leave key in ignition on position 10 min to claim signal, disconnect + bat for 1/2 min. redo and try. do any or all and you may get results! worn key teeth are troublesome also sometimes for contact to box. elimination can only be with a homemade signal generator made with a few parts from radio shack and maybe superglue

tommcmanis
3,425

Ok first of all the security is a computer controlled item a body control module gm can diagnose the problem,and modifications to the system may intensify the problem, if the fuse was blown you have a direct short lead to ground that may be in the module it self what is called an over load short, the security in this model is pretty basic it will lock out the starter,and fuel pump to prevent theft, a key replacement from gm and it programmed as they have the proper equipment to flash module and key. I used to build the wiring on these when new,modifications to securiy are NOT recommended. Damage to ecm and other important features can result. Spend the money and do it once.